Drug possession for sales is a serious crime that carries the potential for significant criminal penalties. California law draws a significant line of distinction between simple possession of drugs for personal use and possession of drugs for sale or distribution.
Speak to a Los Angeles Drug Charge Lawyer Today!
If you have been charged for possession of drugs with the intent to sell, contact Los Angeles drug possession defense attorney, Daniel R. Perlman today. Call 213-514-8324 or contact us by e-mail to receive your free case evaluation.
Drug Possession for Sales Charges in Los Angeles
Proposition 36 allows people who are arrested for simple drug possession to avoid incarceration for a first or second drug possession offense provided that they are nonviolent offenders and possessed drugs for personal use. By contrast, a person accused of drug possession for sales may be subject to incarceration for a first offense.
- Possession with intent to sell a controlled substance is a felony under California Health and Safety Code 11351 HS
- A conviction under this section could potentially lead to deportation if you are not yet an American citizen
- Depending on the type of drug and quantity, you could serve many years in a state prison. Possession for sale of cocaine, cocaine base or heroin all carry significant penalties. Numerous aggravating factors, including large drug quantities or a prior felony drug conviction, could result in a significant period of incarceration.
If you have been arrested for drug possession for sales, it is critical that you protect your rights by retaining a criminal defense attorney who understands the criminal justice system, the local courts and defense strategies that may be used to protect your rights. For a strong defense, contact the Law Offices of Daniel R. Perlman in Los Angeles.
Defense Against Drug Possession for Sales Charges in Los Angeles
At the Law Offices of Daniel R. Perlman, we understand that police reports and criminal complaints do not always tell the entire story. People arrested for drug possession for sales may be guilty of nothing more than possession for personal use, or they may not be guilty at all. We take time to listen to our clients, conduct a thorough discovery and investigate what actually happened in their case:
- Did the police seize drugs from your car, pocket or home that were not your drugs?
- Have you been accused of possession with intent to sell drugs when you are guilty of nothing more than possession for personal use?
Whatever may have happened that led to your arrest, we are committed to your defense. We will listen to you, advise you of your rights, help you understand your options and vigorously defend your rights. Our attorneys are here to help, not judge. Even if you were planning on selling drugs, we understand that you may have had compelling reasons that prompted your decision to do so.
You may have become addicted to pain killers, you may be selling drugs to support a chemical dependency problem that has gotten out of control, or you may have simply made a choice that you now regret. In any event, every defendant has a constitutional right to an attorney — an advocate who stands between them and the prosecution and who will fight to protect his or her freedom and liberty. That is precisely who we are and what we do.
To schedule a free consultation with one of our Los Angeles drug possession for sales lawyers, call 213-514-8324 or contact us by e-mail.