Los Angeles DUI Lawyer
If you have been arrested for drunk driving anywhere in the Los Angeles area, you owe it to yourself to get the advice of a knowledgeable Los Angeles DUI attorney as soon as possible. The fines, license suspension and increased insurance rates that may result from a DUI arrest can together represent a much greater expense for you than an attorney’s fee.
As a former prosecutor, Los Angeles DUI lawyer Daniel Perlman understands prosecution strategies inside and out. He is committed to staying ahead of the prosecution through uncovering any procedural errors, contradictory evidence or violations of your civil rights. Mr. Perlman’s ability to challenge the evidence obtained against you helps him develop an effective defense strategy.
Risk Free Initial Consultation
For a free initial consultation about your options for resolving a Los Angeles DUI charge, contact us at the Law Offices of Daniel R. Perlman in Los Angeles online or call 213-514-8324 or 213-514-8324. Mr. Perlman will determine the right defense strategy based on the facts of your specific case. We handle all types of DUI cases, including:
- First-offense DUI: Contrary to the rumor mill, nearly 80 percent of our first offender clients’ cases are resolved without a DUI conviction.
- Underage DUI: Alleged juvenile DUI offenders face unique challenges when facing such charges. We are prepared to respond to those challenges.
- Felony DUI: These are serious charges that require urgent attention. Felony charges include DUI causing an injury or a fourth offense within 10 years.
- DUI involving drugs, whether prescription drugs or banned substances (“street drugs”), carries the same penalties as DUI involving alcohol.
- Multiple DUI charges will result in higher penalties based on how many times you have been previously convicted. We are often successful in minimizing statutory jail sentences by seeking treatment options.
- DUI involving an accident causing property damage, injury and/or death requires a knowledgeable, experienced defense attorney. This is as serious as it gets, involving the possibility of state prison, so it is important to hire a diligent and skilled lawyer.
- Boating under the influence of alcohol or drugs can have the same negative consequences as driving a vehicle while intoxicated.
- DMV hearing: Act promptly to protect your driving privileges. We must request your hearing within 10 days of your release or your license will be automatically suspended.
Possible DUI Defenses
Although it is never easy to beat a DUI charge in Los Angeles, you probably have a stronger defense than you think. In order to expand your options for a positive outcome, our law firm seeks to determine any procedural or civil rights violations, including:
- Why did the arresting officer pull you over?
- Was there a field sobriety test?
- Was there probable cause to support the DUI arrest?
- How was the blood test at the police station administered?
- Are there inconsistencies between the police report and the criminal complaint?
There are hundreds of possible police errors, and they can add up to reduce your charges. Depending on the facts of your misdemeanor or felony DUI case, our DUI attorneys can concentrate on seeking a dismissal based on any violation of your constitutional rights or a reduction based on other errors or mistakes by law enforcement. Our Los Angeles DUI lawyers are also fully prepared to secure a victory by casting doubt on the evidence obtained against you.
DMV Hearings & License Suspensions
In addition to defending clients against criminal DUI charges, we also represent clients at DMV hearings, which will determine the length and conditions of a driver’s license suspension or whether a license will remain valid.
To learn more about our approach to client service in Los Angeles DUI defense, contact the Law Offices of Daniel R. Perlman in Los Angeles at 213-514-8324, at 213-514-8324 or by e-mail. Whether you were arrested coming out of a bar; leaving a restaurant or birthday party; or celebrating a special holiday such as Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July (Independence Day), Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s or St. Patrick’s Day, it is essential to hire a DUI defense lawyer as soon as possible to seek the best possible results you can get.