The state of California has tough law against drunk driving. Even a first time misdemeanor DUI offense can result in a jail sentence, probation and a driver’s license suspension. If you have been charged with felony DUI, however, the criminal and civil penalties you face are significantly enhanced, including the possibility of incarceration in a state prison.
Consult With A Los Angeles DUI Attorney Now!
To contact an experienced Los Angeles DUI defense attorney who can advise you of your rights and provide a strong defense on your behalf, contact the Law Offices of Daniel R. Perlman in Los Angeles, California; call 213-514-8324 or contact us by e-mail. We have defended many clients throughout California charged with drunk driving, including felony DUI charges. As a former prosecutor, Daniel Perlman knows how to negotiate effectively, pursue favorable plea agreements on behalf of his clients, seek the dismissal of charges where appropriate and aggressively fight charges in court when necessary.
Felony DUI Charges in Los Angeles
A DUI may be a felony in Los Angeles in a number of ways:
- A fourth DUI conviction within a 10-year period
- A DUI causing bodily injury where the drunk driver caused the accident
- A DUI conviction if the defendant has one prior felony DUI conviction
The last thing you want is a felony conviction on your record. In addition to the possibility of serving a significant period of time in prison, a felony DUI conviction could significantly impair your future employment opportunities.
Defense Against Felony DUI Charges in Los Angeles
Do not attempt to negotiate with the prosecution on your own. Let an experienced Los Angeles Felony DUI defense lawyer at our firm protect your rights and seek the most favorable outcome on your behalf. There are a number of ways that we may be able to help:
- If you are charged with felony DUI due to an accident causing injury to another driver, the prosecution must prove that you caused the accident. If the other driver ran a red light or otherwise caused the accident, we may be able to help you avoid a felony conviction.
- We often utilize treatment options and other creative methods to present our clients to the prosecution as favorably as possible, which may improve the outcome of your case.
- We look for police errors and other weaknesses in the prosecution’s case to determine if a case dismissal is possible, negotiate from a position of strength, prepare for trial and seek the most favorable resolutions for our clients.
To schedule a free consultation with one of our Los Angeles felony DUI attorneys, call 213-514-8324 or contact us by e-mail.